Thursday, September 04, 2014
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Credit Union Web Training Webinar:
The Two Most Important Numbers for Dealing With IRAs & HSAs: IRS Publications 590 & 969
The number one issue employees have in dealing with individual retirement accounts (IRAs) and health savings accounts (HSAs) is a lack of confidence. With a tax code over 73,000 pages, it is no wonder employees shy away from these products.
How would you answer these questions?
- Do I have earned income?
- Can I take a deduction by contributing to a Traditional IRA?
- Can I use my IRA as loan collateral?
- Can I borrow from my IRA?
- Can I use my IRA to help purchase a house for my step-son?
- What medical expenses qualify for my HSA?
- Can I deduct my HSA contributions?
Most employees would advise the member to see their financial advisor. Without the confidence to handle IRAs or HSAs, basic questions can cause panic. However, having the ability to answer both basic and complex questions can make the difference between building or losing banking relationships. This program will build employee confidence, and unlike any other IRA and HSA programs, will teach staff how to be the professional that members seek.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The two publications that answer most members’ questions about IRA or HSA accounts
- How to use these publications with confidence to assist members
- The one critical word staff must avoid in communicating information regarding IRAs and HSAs
- Guidelines for opening an IRA for a minor
- Link to Publication 590 – Individual Retirement Arrangements
- Link to Publication 969 – HSAs and Other Tax-Favored Health Plans
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for all employees responsible for opening, administering, and promoting IRAs and HSAs.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
John Baptista, Jr., Impact Training & Consulting
View Registration Options and Pricing