Tuesday, July 08, 2014
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
CU Web Training Webinar:
Foundations of Financial Literacy for Directors: Analysis of Financials & Calculation of Ratios
Credit union directors have the unique responsibility of monitoring performance and setting policy to assure the viability of the credit union. One key part of that responsibility is the ongoing analysis of the credit union’s financial performance. This webinar will provide insight, knowledge, and tools to make directors active participants in financial oversight. By mastering these skills and applying these tools you will protect yourself and your credit union.
- Identify the building blocks of financial statements
- Components of credit union financial performance
- Define performance components such as efficiency, risk, and return
- Calculate ratios to measure financial performance
- Interpret the outputs from key ratios
- Sample financial statements with descriptions
- List of key ratios with definitions and applications
- Sample dashboard reports for monitoring financial performance
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for directors, Supervisory Committee members, other volunteers, volunteers in training, CEOs, managers, and senior management.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Dr. Randy Thompson, VirtualCorps.com