The New Jersey Credit Union League receives resumes from individuals interested in employment with credit unions in the state of New Jersey and posts them to its Web site for credit unions to browse when hiring.
If interested in having your resume posted, please review our Resume Posting Policy.
Please note: The League does not endorse the employment of an individual whose resume is posted, nor does it verify the capabilities claimed by that individual.
28 Holiday Court
River Vale, NJ 07675
C: 201-280-4940 email@example.com
Detailed oriented, focused and efficient finance professional with over 10 years of experience in Financial Mortgage Fraud AML/BSA,KYC Investigations, Liaison, Compliance and High Balance Collection Management. Association of Certification of Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) member. Proven track record in fraud detection, credit analysis, consumer retention, and delinquency reduction. Exceptional verbal, written and investigative skills. Recognized for integrity, dedication and delivering results.BSA,KYC Investigations, Liaison, Compliance and High Balance Collection Management. Association of Certification of Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (ACAMS) member. Proven track record in fraud detection, credit analysis, consumer retention, and delinquency reduction. Exceptional verbal, written and investigative skills. Recognized for integrity, dedication and delivering results.
HUDSON CITY SAVINGS BANK, Paramus, NJ 2012 – 2016
Fraud Investigator on current and forensic loans/Credit Analyst/Default Portfolio Management/Grievance Liaison/Customer Relations Specialist
- Investigate and analyze jumbo mortgage loan documentation for potential fraudulent activity.
- Converse calmly with borrowers’ of suspicious activity loans, listening closely to all pertinent information given in order to make an accurate determination of fraudulent activity.
- Supervise and train staff on fraudulent activity awareness procedures.
- Attend SAR committee meetings to determine the amount of fraudulent activity on each suspected case.
- Prepare, review and submit Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) in a timely manner.
- Consistently meet all deadlines for SAR submissions.
- BSA investigations monitor and investigate all incoming wire alerts.
- Liaison between upper management, Compliance, Risk and Quality Assurance/Control when fraudulent activity is suspected.
- Lead the investigative process by making the necessary recommendations to upper management and law enforcement when fraudulent activity is detected.
- Apply knowledge of the criminal justice court system, compliance regulations and collection procedures when researching a case.
- Credit Analysis for loan determination and fraudulent activity purposes.
- Implemented and guided staff/ management on a new tax procedure to efficiently keep delinquency low.
- Proven track record in lowering delinquency.
- Liaison between upper management and borrowers’ fielding all complaints and concerns in order to avoid escalated turmoil within a department.
- Make the necessary recommendations to upper management on loans that will be entering foreclosure.
- Meet with borrowers’ to discuss their delinquency prior to foreclosure being recommended.
- Review A/R Reports and meet with upper management to determine best strategies for keeping delinquency low.
PARAGON FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, Montvale, NJ 2006 – 2012
Assistant Manager, Default/Fraud Investigator/AML/BSA Monitoring, Liaison
- Managed and reviewed A/R reports.
- Credit Analyst- reviewed and analyzed credit information for new loan approval and fraudulent activity determination.
- Member of New Loan Review Board.
- Reviewed new, current and forensic loans for potential fraudulent activity.
- Monitored and investigated wire alerts for suspicious fraudulent activity.
- Discussed all suspicious activity findings with upper management.
- Skip traced through, Nexis Lexis, The Last One (TLO), Data Verify, The Work Place and all facets of Social Media.
- Reduced delinquency on jumbo, auto, and personal loans through consistent follow up with members; discussing with them payment options, loan modifications, short sales and the foreclosure process.
- Maintained excellent communication and established relationships through consistent follow up with members, Mortgage Brokers, Attorneys, Law Enforcers, Financial Planners and Repossession Companies.
- Oversaw and trained staff in collection protocol, customer service and fraudulent activity awareness.
- Oversaw day to day department operations.
- Located vehicles through skip tracing while keeping lines of communication opened with all parties involved until the vehicle was located.
- Assisted and guided Members through the redemption and negotiation process to have their car returned.
- Bank Liaison- met with members and attorneys at court appearances to arrange for property judgments, liens and loan settlements.
- Mediated at court hearings attended by law enforcement, attorneys and members when Suspicious Activity was detected.
- Negotiated financial settlements both in court and privately with members, attorneys, financial planners, and repossession companies.
KIM W. SLOAN/MOVE PHYSICAL THERAPY, Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 1986 – 2007
Collection Manager/Credit Analysist/Liaison
- Managed collection departments for both Dr. Kim W. Sloan and MOVE Physical Therapy.
- Consistent follow up with patients, attorneys and insurance companies to ensure that recoveries were received in a timely manner.
- Retained patients with exceptional friendly, courteous and knowledgeable service.
- Credit Analysis on all new patients prior to surgery in order to determine repayment worthiness.
- Skip tracing specialist- locating patients using social media, Data Verity, TLO (The last One)
- Staff Liaison for all court hearings to negotiate payment and judgments settlements on severely delinquent accounts.
- Oversaw day to day department operations.
- Trained staff in medical compliance and collection protocol.
- Reviewed Explanation of Benefits (EOB) forms for error detection and possible appeal submission on claims related to Workmen’s Compensation, No Fault and Medicare.
OUR LADY OF MT CARMEL, Ridgewood, NJ 2010-2014
Founder/Head Facilitator/ Presenter: “Take a Stand for Respect” Ridgewood, NJ
A Divorce and Separation workshop which not only deals with the inner emotions one goes through during this difficult period such as grief, anger, stress loneliness, self-image, trust and most importantly forgiveness but also (through professional speakers) educates on how mental/ emotional abuse can often enter into a relationship without a partner even knowing it, simply because most times, it is silent.
Neighbors Helping Neighbors Employment Network, Westwood, NJ 2012-Present
Guiding and encouraging members through the unemployment process.
Bergen Habitat of Humanity, Participant 2014-2015
University of SUNY Purchase, Westchester, NY
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Outlook, MD Office, Smart Collector, Excel, GUI Spectrum, Nautilus, Miser, Lexis Nexis and Top Notch, Gifts, Data Verify
Anthony J. Simeone, CPA, CFE
Telephone: (347) 306-5300
Subject Matter Expert designations in Internal Auditing, Regulatory Compliance, and Financial Analysis. Other areas of long-term experience and backgrounds include:
Regulatory Compliance / BSA Instructor
Asset/Liability Management Evaluation
Lending Review / Delinquency Control
Supervisory Committee Functions
Information Science & Tech. Evaluation
Internal Audit Procedures & Processes
Internal Control Assessment
8/14 – Present NORTH JERSEY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Compliance Officer (with varied Internal Audit functions)
- Responsible for the credit union’s overall compliance program with respect to lending, deposit, and operational rules, NCUA regulations and state/federal laws and statutory requirements, and implementing corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Accurately assessing internal control practices and ensuring the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with credit union policies and procedures.
- Reviewing and help updating policies and procedures as needed.
1/86 – 7/14 NATIONAL CREDIT UNION ADMINISTRATION
Financial Examiner / Subject Matter Expert
- Successfully salvaged more than 25 credit unions from failure by accurately assessing their financial and operational activities.
- Managed an eight-member examination staff Acting supervisor of employees over examination staff; staffed the examination engagement teams and determined workload responsibilities.
- Regulated compliance, including BSA/OFAC for the organization’s benefit.
- Formulated and conveyed examination results to management officials; instilled effective resolutions for assurance of continued financial stability.
7/98-11/98 US ALLIANCE FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
Sabbatical Assignment Rye, NY
Internal Audit Manager
Managed Internal Audit Department of a $550 million credit union and wholly-owned ($600 mill.) Credit Union Service Organization (CUSO).
- Assessed operational functions of varied departments for rendering recommended enhancements to efficiency and effectiveness.
- Evaluated quality of internal operations (lending, member services, accounting, I.S. & T., etc.).
- Certified Public Accountant - May 1994
- Certified Fraud Examiner Designation - December 1997
♦ Senior Accounting Professional ♦
Analytical, detail oriented accountant offering proven performance in corporate finance. Informed by real-world business expertise and continuing education.
- Forensic auditing skills
- SAP, M2M, QuickBooks, ProSeries
- M&D, AMAPS, BPCS, FAS 500 Asset Accounting, SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft Office.
Temporary assignments with manufacturing companies and retailers
- Utilize forensic auditing skills to perform complex account reconciliations and analyses for A/R and A/P. Reconcile accounts with problematic transfers from prior accounting system (M2M) to SAP. Resolve issues and ensure data integrity within SAP.
- Provide training and written procedures for A/R, A/P, and billing.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings and account/bank reconciliations.
2013 – 2014
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing reports and analysis related to inventory and gross margin.
- Manage, track, and analyze inventory assets related to the perpetual stock ledger.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis for internal and external auditors and senior management.
2011 - 2013
- Utilize forensic auditing skills to perform complex account reconciliations and analyses for bank accounts un-reconciled from the prior year. Research reconciling items followed up with A/P, A/R, payroll and corporate accounting to resolve.
- Provide training and written procedures to assist with transition to Cashbook application.
- Develop Excel database for six payroll accounts to identify any discrepancy. Track until resolved with internal payroll department, ADP and/or bank.
- Maintain fixed assets database via FAS 500 Asset Accounting (SAGE)
- Develop and train others in use of special project/spreadsheets for management, including capital improvement projects to track cost and progress.
- Interface with bank, state, and CPA firm during interim and year-end audits.
Proponent Federal Credit Union, Nutley, NJ
1987 - Present
Credit Union with $550 million in assets.
Chair, Board of Directors
- Serve on the Interest Rate Risk/Investment Committee.
- Responsible for policy decisions and management of an investment portfolio in excess of $100 million in assets.
- Senior member on the Supervisory and the Internal Audit Committees that oversee external auditors and the NCUA Federal Examiner Review.
Tel.No – (973-807-8702) firstname.lastname@example.org
SQL Programmer Analysts/ Crystal Report Administrator
Symitar – epysis symforms power on programming
Summary of Experience:
- 18 years of experience in (SQL Programmer – create Database, stored procedures, tables, triggers, indexes)
- 12 years of experience with Administrating Business object 10 and 11 ( Scheduling crystal reports to run Daily, Weekly, Monthly or on Demand)
- Managing permissions for each department, to view, export, schedule instances.
- Creating various types of crystal reports, detailed, grouped, drill down, crosstab, Charts etc.
- Schedule reports to export to Excel format in a network location.
- Schedule reports to open in a pdf / html format.
- Create crystal reports based on parameters using SQL Stored procedures.
- Expert in creating SQL Functions.
- Expert in creating SQL Stored Procedures using (CTE – common table expression)
- Create Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and MS-Access Database, and Outlook forms.
- Hands on experience with Data base design of SQL Server 2014
- Expertise in Reports generation using Crystal Reports 8.5 / 9.0
- Expert in developing Visual Basic for Application (VBA) using Ms-Access 2000.
- Expert in developing SSRS (SQL reporting) (SSIS) SQL Integration Services.
- Expert in developing SQL Jobs to handle a flow of stored procedures step by step.
- Expert in developing SQL jobs to send email notification to users and to Database Admin.
- Expert in symitar symforms , Power on repgens ,easy wirters reports.
VBA Tools Access 2003, Excel 2007, Word 2007
Database SQL Server 2005/2000, T-SQL
Reporting Tools Seagate Crystal Reports 9.0 Advanced Editions, Access Reports
Operating Systems Windows XP, Windows 2003 / 2000 / NT
Mail Servers Ms-Exchange Server, Lotus Notes
Power on repgens Epysis SymForms
Bachelor of Computer Information System
Employer: Municipal Credit Union, NY Sept 2000 to Till Date
Role and Responsibilities
- Involved in reports designing and scheduling.
- Provides the day-to-day business object administration.
- Mentoring crystal reports instances, using business object Admin. Tool.
- Scheduling Daily, Weekly, Monthly crystal reports based on (Flag) when SQL daily load complete.
- Involved in Writing Store Procedures, Triggers, Views in SQL Server 2014.
- Involved in data analysis.
- Run various SQL scripts in SQL Query Analyzer for one time on demand reports.
- Import various data files (comma delimited, fixed width into SQL Database)
- Import Excel files, MS-Access Database tables into SQL Database)
- Export SQL Tables, Views, Stored Procedures into Data files, Excel or MS Access Database)
- Symitar epysis (Symform – repgens – Power On) creation, maintaining.
Business Object 11 – Administrator
This is the primary source of Municipal Credit Union to view day to day transactions, account creation and update. This is the most active way for MCU to obtain information about the credit union and its services.
Software Used: SQLServer 2013, crystal reports 10 and 11, Business object 11.
Report Generator – Tech Lead
Design and developed for internal audit department on demand reports. Repots will help auditors to search and track auditing records. Auditor can export his search to Excel or PDF files.
Employer: JDR Sep 1997 to August 2000
Role and Responsibilities
- Involved in Writing Store Procedures, Triggers, Views in SQL Server 2008.
- Provides the day-to-day reports using crystal reports and MS Access reports.
Software Used: MS Access Database, Excel, word, SQL server, crystal reports.
Employer: New English School Jan 1994 to Sep 1997
Role and Responsibility
- Involved in teaching student to develop database using MS Access.
- Involved in assisting student to create the senior high school graduation project in MS Access (VBA)
- Teaching Micro Soft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Involved in testing and documentation of the projects.
Robert Balestri/Credit Union Collections/Consulting. Over 25 years working in & with NJ Credit Unions. Part-time, Temporary, Full-time. Cost effective. Reduce your delinquency & charge-offs & increase your bottom line. (201) 566-6679.