The New Jersey Credit Union League receives resumes from individuals interested in employment with credit unions in the state of New Jersey and posts them to its Web site for credit unions to browse when hiring.
If interested in having your resume posted, please review our Resume Posting Policy.
Please note: The League does not endorse the employment of an individual whose resume is posted, nor does it verify the capabilities claimed by that individual.
IRA D. HAYES
101 Pertwood Court, Mount Laurel, NJ 08054 ▪ (609) 532-9575 ▪ firstname.lastname@example.org
Performance-driven Finance and Accounting professional with over 10 years’ experience and demonstrated accomplishments developing corporate growth, stability, and financial performance. Skilled analyst with strong organizational skills and proven leadership qualities. Broad-based understanding of financial needs at all levels of business including evaluating, analyzing, and communicating financial data.
Demonstrated core competencies in:
|Finance & Accounting
|Cash & Asset Management
||Analytical Problem Solving
|Forecasting & Due Diligence
||Complex Account Analysis
|Compliance & Reporting
Conair Corporation – East Windsor, NJ
09/2007 – Present
- Research, identify, and resolve numerous carrier issues with various vendors, resulting in company savings of 52% compared to deductions in 2014.
- Instrumental in initiating and creating effective solutions for packaging deductions on behalf of JCPenney—one of the company’s top clients—during their highest chargeback reason, resulting in 50% repayment for all open packaging deductions.
- Play an integral role in negotiating settlements over $100K with key retail clients, such as JCPenney and Rite Aid.
- Perform critical accounting functions focused on reconciliations of general ledger, balance sheet, cash flow analysis, generation of A/R reports, and arbitration of open deductions with penalties and shortages, while maintaining 100% accuracy and turnaround time using SAP.
- Administer and Reconcile customer accounts including following up with the sales for payments daily in a timely manner.
- Improve forecast accuracy by analyzing journal and ledger entries, inventories and other accounting records to ensure financial recording accuracy and within compliance regulatory guidelines.
- Generate monthly, quarterly and yearly ad hoc reports and variance analysis using SAP, various spreadsheets, charts, pivot tables, v-lookups and presentations associated with sales performance to the CEO, Senior Vice President and upper management.
- Received written acknowledgement by the CEO of Conair for stellar work performance, company dedication, creative design and commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated team spirit by sharing insights, independent research, and knowledge with colleagues in need of assistance with calculations and methodologies.
- Provided problem solving, troubleshooting while developing and maintain solid relationships with vendors’, sale representatives, customer service, distribution centers and various departments.
- Review daily various invoice reports, provide customers with invoice copies when requested and resolve discrepancies such as missing or inconsistent provisions or dispute accordingly.
The Hibbert Group – Trenton, NJ
08/2007 – 09/2007
Accounts Payable Specialist (Temporary Position)
- Created journal entries and reviewed invoices for accuracy and completeness on a daily basis.
- Ensured proper documentation including authorization and receiving documents or proof that service was provided.
- Processed invoices daily for payment using AccPac software and ensured invoices and applicable discounts were taken.
- Maintained excellent communication with personnel and vendors to ensure the accurate processing of payments.
- Assisted with internal and external auditor requests and other ad hoc requests as needed.
Virginia Commonwealth University – Richmond, VA
09/2006 – 05/2007
- Acted as a liaison between students, university, and Richmond community in a fast paced environment.
- Maintained and controlled access to the campus and citywide database, university phone lists, and activity information.
- Applied information systems guidelines to identify redundancies and inaccuracies in data.
SunTrust Bank – Richmond, VA
05/2005 – 08/2006
Financial Service Representative (Internship)
- Oversaw and maintained multiple bank accounts, cash flow statements, and financial reports daily.
- Initiated electronic transfers and assisted with routine teller transactions and management on an on-going bases.
- Assisted in the maintenance of bank accounts, including opening and closing accounts.
- Compiled necessary control and audit trail documentation needed for Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Consistently ranked in the top 20% of the department’s financial service representatives in key performance metrics. Received the “Financial Representative of the Month” award for bringing over $500K in assets to a single branch.
SAP Version 7.20 and IBM Personal Communications (Warehouse Management System) Version 5.9 for Windows; Oracle; AccPac; JAVA; SQL
Microsoft Office: Advanced Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat; Chrome; Android
Strayer University – Trevose, PA
Master of Business Administration in Finance, 12/2011
Virginia Commonwealth University – Richmond, VA
Bachelor of Science in Finance, 08/2007
LEADERSHIP & AFFILIATION
Active Member of Delta Sigma Pi – Professional Business Fraternity, Eta Omega Chapter
Vice President (2005-2007); Secretary (2004-2005)
PO Box 861 ■ Summit, New Jersey 07901 ■ H (973)399-3083 ■ C (201)704-4481
Operations Executive with proven ability to analyze an organization’s critical business, identify deficiencies and potential opportunities, and develop innovative and cost-effective solutions for enhancing competitive, increasing revenue and improving customer service offerings
UNION COUNTY EMPLOYEES FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, Elizabeth, New Jersey. Current
Manager – Credit Union
■ Oversees the strategic management and operational oversight of the cooperative’s operations.
■ Ensured compliance with regulatory guidelines.
■ Ensured financial stability of the cooperative as well as provide strategic directions and leadership.
■ Maintains communication between board of directors and supervisory committee by preparing month-end reports regarding operations and productivity.
A.M. BEST COMPANY, OLDWICK, New Jersey. 2008 – 2012
Financial Analyst - Life/Health Division
■ Managed portfolio, monitored product mix and operating performance of assigned health insurance companies.
■ Monitored financial strength and debt rating relationships for high-profile health insurance companies
■ Published financial strength and debt ratings for not-for-profit organizations
■ Analyzed financial statements and prepared financial credit ratings for insurance companies
■ Evaluated the ability of companies/assigned a rating to a company's balance sheet strength, operating performance and business profile.
ATLANTIC HEALTH SYSTEM, MORRIS PLAINS, New Jersey. 1975 - 2007
Accounting Manager, Mountainside Hospital Campus, 1998 - 2007
■ Prepared and analyzed all financial statements for 345-bed licensed healthcare facility
■ Prepared balance sheet analysis, including year–end audit work papers for external auditors.
■ Prepared and presented monthly financial statements to Controller and Director of Finance.
■ Identified opportunities to reduce expenses by performing variance analysis.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Degree B. S. Accounting, Rutgers University, Newark, New. Jersey
Certificate Internal Controls, National Credit Union Administration.
Certificate Financial Literacy Training, New Jersey Credit Union League.
Certificate Bank Secrecy Act Training, New Jersey Credit Union League.
Treasurer Atlantic Health Federal Credit Union, Summit, New. Jersey.
Member Board of Directors, Atlantic Health Federal Credit Union, Summit, New. Jersey.
Member New Jersey Chapter of Healthcare Financial Management Association.
Treasurer St. Andrew and Holy Communion Church, South Orange, New. Jersey.
Treasurer Grenadian American Organization of New. Jersey, Newark, New. Jersey.
♦ Senior Accounting Professional ♦
Analytical, detail oriented accountant offering proven performance in corporate finance. Informed by real-world business expertise and continuing education.
- Forensic auditing skills
- SAP, M2M, QuickBooks, ProSeries
- M&D, AMAPS, BPCS, FAS 500 Asset Accounting, SAP, Oracle, and Microsoft Office.
Temporary assignments with manufacturing companies and retailers
- Utilize forensic auditing skills to perform complex account reconciliations and analyses for A/R and A/P. Reconcile accounts with problematic transfers from prior accounting system (M2M) to SAP. Resolve issues and ensure data integrity within SAP.
- Provide training and written procedures for A/R, A/P, and billing.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings and account/bank reconciliations.
2013 – 2014
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and yearly closing reports and analysis related to inventory and gross margin.
- Manage, track, and analyze inventory assets related to the perpetual stock ledger.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis for internal and external auditors and senior management.
2011 - 2013
- Utilize forensic auditing skills to perform complex account reconciliations and analyses for bank accounts un-reconciled from the prior year. Research reconciling items followed up with A/P, A/R, payroll and corporate accounting to resolve.
- Provide training and written procedures to assist with transition to Cashbook application.
- Develop Excel database for six payroll accounts to identify any discrepancy. Track until resolved with internal payroll department, ADP and/or bank.
- Maintain fixed assets database via FAS 500 Asset Accounting (SAGE)
- Develop and train others in use of special project/spreadsheets for management, including capital improvement projects to track cost and progress.
- Interface with bank, state, and CPA firm during interim and year-end audits.
Proponent Federal Credit Union, Nutley, NJ
1987 - Present
Credit Union with $550 million in assets.
Chair, Board of Directors
- Serve on the Interest Rate Risk/Investment Committee.
- Responsible for policy decisions and management of an investment portfolio in excess of $100 million in assets.
- Senior member on the Supervisory and the Internal Audit Committees that oversee external auditors and the NCUA Federal Examiner Review.
Andrew R. Gioseffi, CPA, Saddle Brook, NJ
2008 - Present
Accountant (per diem)
- Develop methodologies and reports utilizing advanced functions within Excel to conduct financial analyses for special client situations.
- Perform extensive audit procedures. Reconcile accounts.
- Prepare personal income tax returns using ProSeries software application.
- Perform daily routine accounting functions for clients.
Edwards and Kelcey, Inc., Morristown, NJ
2006 - 2008
Engineering, Design, Planning and Construction Firm.
Senior Accounting Specialist/Compliance Manager (FAR)
- Develop procedures for filing of various state sales/use tax and annual reports.
- Research and provide information and support for audits (state tax, DOT, FAR, etc).
- Responsible for FAR compliance, reporting and audit support.
- Oversee joint venture accounting, account reconciliation, contact compliance and Financial Reporting.
- Prepare and file state sales and use tax returns for approximately 42 states.
Hoffman-La Roche, Inc., Nutley, NJ
1985 - 2001
Global pharmaceutical company.
Senior Accountant – Pharma Operations Finance/Cost (2000 – 2001)
- Reduced training time for over 300 users and improved data reliability by initiating and leading a weekly workshop for accounting group and internal customers across manufacturing, purchasing, quality control and production planning. Resolve SAP implementation issues.
- Analyze manufacturing cost and develop reports for upper management as tool to control costs.
- Prepare budgets and load into SAP for manufacturing areas.
Senior Accountant, Pharma Operations Finance/Inventory (1998-2000)
Accountant II - Technical Services Finance/Cost (1993-1998)
Accountant - Corporate Operations Accounting (1988-1993)
Accountant - Corporate Accounting (1985-1988)
BS, Accounting, Farleigh Dickinson University, Rutherford, NJ
- Cum Laude, Dean’s List, Delta Mu Delta Honor Society for Business Administration
CCD, Directors Leadership Institute, London Business School, London, UK
Advanced Leadership Institute, Harvard Executive Program, Cambridge, MA
Public Policy Institute, The Brookings Institution, Washington, DC
Credit Union Executives Society-DEF, American Association of University Women, and NAFE.
Tel.No – (973-807-8702) email@example.com
SQL Programmer Analysts/ Crystal Report Administrator
Symitar – epysis symforms power on programming
Summary of Experience:
- 18 years of experience in (SQL Programmer – create Database, stored procedures, tables, triggers, indexes)
- 12 years of experience with Administrating Business object 10 and 11 ( Scheduling crystal reports to run Daily, Weekly, Monthly or on Demand)
- Managing permissions for each department, to view, export, schedule instances.
- Creating various types of crystal reports, detailed, grouped, drill down, crosstab, Charts etc.
- Schedule reports to export to Excel format in a network location.
- Schedule reports to open in a pdf / html format.
- Create crystal reports based on parameters using SQL Stored procedures.
- Expert in creating SQL Functions.
- Expert in creating SQL Stored Procedures using (CTE – common table expression)
- Create Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and MS-Access Database, and Outlook forms.
- Hands on experience with Data base design of SQL Server 2014
- Expertise in Reports generation using Crystal Reports 8.5 / 9.0
- Expert in developing Visual Basic for Application (VBA) using Ms-Access 2000.
- Expert in developing SSRS (SQL reporting) (SSIS) SQL Integration Services.
- Expert in developing SQL Jobs to handle a flow of stored procedures step by step.
- Expert in developing SQL jobs to send email notification to users and to Database Admin.
- Expert in symitar symforms , Power on repgens ,easy wirters reports.
VBA Tools Access 2003, Excel 2007, Word 2007
Database SQL Server 2005/2000, T-SQL
Reporting Tools Seagate Crystal Reports 9.0 Advanced Editions, Access Reports
Operating Systems Windows XP, Windows 2003 / 2000 / NT
Mail Servers Ms-Exchange Server, Lotus Notes
Power on repgens Epysis SymForms
Bachelor of Computer Information System
Employer: Municipal Credit Union, NY Sept 2000 to Till Date
Role and Responsibilities
- Involved in reports designing and scheduling.
- Provides the day-to-day business object administration.
- Mentoring crystal reports instances, using business object Admin. Tool.
- Scheduling Daily, Weekly, Monthly crystal reports based on (Flag) when SQL daily load complete.
- Involved in Writing Store Procedures, Triggers, Views in SQL Server 2014.
- Involved in data analysis.
- Run various SQL scripts in SQL Query Analyzer for one time on demand reports.
- Import various data files (comma delimited, fixed width into SQL Database)
- Import Excel files, MS-Access Database tables into SQL Database)
- Export SQL Tables, Views, Stored Procedures into Data files, Excel or MS Access Database)
- Symitar epysis (Symform – repgens – Power On) creation, maintaining.
Business Object 11 – Administrator
This is the primary source of Municipal Credit Union to view day to day transactions, account creation and update. This is the most active way for MCU to obtain information about the credit union and its services.
Software Used: SQLServer 2013, crystal reports 10 and 11, Business object 11.
Report Generator – Tech Lead
Design and developed for internal audit department on demand reports. Repots will help auditors to search and track auditing records. Auditor can export his search to Excel or PDF files.
Employer: JDR Sep 1997 to August 2000
Role and Responsibilities
- Involved in Writing Store Procedures, Triggers, Views in SQL Server 2008.
- Provides the day-to-day reports using crystal reports and MS Access reports.
Software Used: MS Access Database, Excel, word, SQL server, crystal reports.
Employer: New English School Jan 1994 to Sep 1997
Role and Responsibility
- Involved in teaching student to develop database using MS Access.
- Involved in assisting student to create the senior high school graduation project in MS Access (VBA)
- Teaching Micro Soft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Involved in testing and documentation of the projects.
Robert Balestri/Credit Union Collections/Consulting. Over 25 years working in & with NJ Credit Unions. Part-time, Temporary, Full-time. Cost effective. Reduce your delinquency & charge-offs & increase your bottom line. (201) 566-6679.
Kenneth Wieczorek, Jr.
721 Northumberland Way Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
Cell: 908-229-6725 KenWiz1@msn.com
EDUCATION and CERTIFICATIONS
Quinnipiac University, Hamden, CT (May 2005)
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Center for Financial Certifications (October 2012)
Certified Personal Finance Counselor
Financial Sales Consultant, McGraw Hill FCU (February 2012 – June 2013)
- 35+ mortgages and loans originated monthly with average new money of $1.3 million
- Consult with members and provide them with the best option for achieving financial wellness
- Set up, speak at, and work financial literacy seminars for members and SEGs
- Assist business development in acquiring new SEGs and members
Field Sales and Marketing Supervisor, TruGreen (March 2009 – February 2012)
- Finished top 3 in sales the last two years
- Average of 20 sales per week
- Sell lawn, tree, and shrub care to homeowners door to door
- Set and maintain appointments for lawn care consultations
- Make outbound sales calls and follow up with any callbacks from the field
- Train and manage a team of up to 6 sales people
Owner, Pristine Office Clean, LLC (August 2007 – February 2009)
- Prospect for new business accounts
- Make outbound sales calls
- Hire new employees
- Create invoices and take payments for services rendered
Senior Loan Officer, Worldwide Financial Resources (November 2007 – November 2008)
- Sell mortgage programs designed to fit the needs of the client
- 8+ loans originated monthly
- Develop business relationships with accountants, lawyers, and financial planners
- Negotiate corporate partnerships
- Make 75+ sales calls daily
- Develop and implement various marketing plans to promote new business
Branch Manager, HFC, Union, NJ (February 2006 – August 2007)
- 6 time million dollar club earner
- 8+ loans originated monthly
- Make 75+ outbound sales calls daily
- Offer mortgage solutions that best meet the needs of the client
- Manage up to 8 salespeople
- Meet with clients to discuss their mortgage needs
- Sell ancillary programs to further protect the client