MERCERVILLE, N.J. – Registration for the New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education’s (NJCFE) 7th Annual Financial Literacy Symposium being held on December 5th is free for NJCUL member credit unions!
NJCFE’s premier event, sponsored by New Jersey Credit Unions, will feature professional financial institutions and financial literacy teachers who will jointly present information on adaptive resources, tools of the trade, and strategies to equip members of the community with personal financial literacy skills.
The event will take place at the RWJ Hamilton Conference Center in Mercerville, N.J. from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Below is the schedule of events:
· 8:30AM—Registration & Breakfast
· 9:00AM—Keynote Presentation from the New Jersey Credit Union League & Affinity Federal Credit Union
· 9:30AM—Presentation of the Mary O’Neill Mini-Grant
· 10:00AM—Session I: Top 5 Concepts of Borrowing and Lending Credit, Barbara O’Neill, Rutgers University
· 11:00AM—Breakout Session I: Consumer Credit Awareness, Kim Cole, Novadebt
· 11:00AM—Breakout Session II: Tax & Retirement, David Vinokurov, Social Security Administration & Jacqueline Piper, IRS
· 11:00AM—Breakout Session III: Healthcare– What Educators Need to Know
· 12:00PM—Vendor Reception & Lunch
· 12:10PM—NJCFE Update, Michael Drulis, NJCFE Executive Director
· 12:30PM—Muriel Siebert Lifetime Achievement Award Presentation
· 12:45PM—Session III: Financial Literacy Education in Schools Update, Gary Diggs, Department of Education, David Anderson, w!se, Dawn Kosko, Absegami High School, and Maryanne Evanko, New Jersey Department of Education– Office of Education
Visit the NJCFE Web page for more information. To register, please send an email to Candice Nigro at firstname.lastname@example.org.