Card Services Programs
LSC can work with your credit union to offer credit card programs to your members.
LSC can work with your credit union to offer credit card programs to your members, no matter how many cards you may offer.
What are the advantages of offering a credit card program to your members and what is available?
LSC offers programs that are designed to allow credit unions to take advantage of an effective credit card program. By participating in this program, you can compete in the credit card market by serving your members’ needs on a higher level. Today, your members can choose from among many different types of credit cards. Why not have them choose yours! This way both you and your members win.
Advantages of offering a credit card program:
- Save time and money by eliminating repetitive loan applications and advances for small purchases
- Earn additional revenues that will improve your bottom linePowerful tool for attracting upscale potential members into active usage of credit union servicesGive your members convenience, low interest rates, and a payment acceptance plan that can be used in over 18 million locations plus an ATM network availability in 120 countries
- Set and retain 100% of your interest income along with any, annual, overlimit, late, cash advance or NSF fee income
- Your credit union's name and logo will be on your plastic and cardholder’s statement
- Option of adding valued enhancements to your program, such as, the ScoreCard Program (cash back and bonus points for merchant and travel rewards), Package Enhancements (Travel Services, Health Care and Discounts), and LetterChecks (Automatic Convenience Check program), and Credit Life and Disability Insurance (optional for your members).
- Ability to upgrade your program to a premium program (Platinum Program), giving your members more enhancements, while providing direct competition with other institutions in the industry.
Debit Card Services
LSC offers programs that are designed to allow credit unions the advantage of debit card access for their checking account program. By participating in this program, you can compete in the debit card market by serving your members' needs as completely as possible. Today, your members can choose from among many different financial institutions for their checking account needs, and statistics show they will not look to a provider without debit card access. Why not have them choose yours!
Advantages for your credit union:
- You will earn additional revenues that will improve your bottom line.
- You will increase service usage and satisfaction.
- You can use this program as a powerful tool for attracting upscale potential members into active usage of credit union services.
- You will give your members convenience at over 18 million locations plus ATM accessibility through the Visa networks available in the United States and over 120 countries.
- Faster than writing a check and safer than carrying cash.
- Provides a competitive advantage.
- Attracts new accounts and strengthens existing relationships.
- Four times faster than writing a check.
- Generates a new revenue stream for your credit union.
- You will receive daily settlements through your corporate.
- Your credit union name and logo will be on your plastic.
- Generates visibility in the marketplace for your credit union.
- Provides cross-selling opportunities.
LSC offers several programs that are designed to allow credit unions to compete with gift card and reloadable ‘stored value’ debit cards. Gift cards can now be paired with customizable greeting cards for a nominal fee.
Credit Union Benefits
- Increase revenue stream.
- Provide members with the ability to purchase gifts while taking care of other financial obligations.
- Safer than cash – if it is lost or stolen, unused portions can be replaced.
- Can be used anywhere Visa is accepted.
- More flexibility than merchant gift cards.
- Card values are the member’s choice – between $10 and $1000.
- A variety of designs to choose from to suit any gift-giving occasion.
How the Gift Card Works
- For the purchaser: Buy a gift card at the Credit Union with cash, check or Credit Union credit card, the same process that is done at a store.
- For the recipient: Use it like a VISA debit card for purchases, utilizing the balance on the account through signature transactions.
- Once implemented, a stock of cards is ordered through LSC’s secured Prepaid Access website by a designated Administrator. Credit Unions store those cards in a vault until issued to members.
- Marketing materials that help showcase the Gift Card program are available for nominal fee. These can be ordered directly through Prepaid Access’ Marketing tab.
Strategic Account Director
Phone - 800-942-7124 ext. 3402
Fax - 630-983-3460
Cell Phone - 630-747-3822
Email - Steven.Ryniec@LSC.NET
The Suze Orman Approved Card VS. CUMONEY Card
Find below two charts that compare financial planning expert Suze Orman’s prepaid card to that of CUMONEY and others in the industry. In both comparisons, of typical monthly usage expenses and various fees, CUMONEY’s card beat out the rest. Take a look!
Comparison of Monthly Usage Expenses
Comparison of Fees