Friday, January 14, 2011 11:31:00 AM
CUNA Mutual Group's Resource Protection Center reported that individuals are receiving cashier checks bearing the name of Patriot Federal Credit Union, Pennsylvania, all in the amount of $3,920.00. Recipients are advised by the letter from North America/UK Consumer Compensation Draw, desk of Diana Foster VP of Finance, that they are one of the winners in the UK & North America Consumer Promotion Draw organized for all customers of all major retail stores like K-mart, Wal-mart, Kohl's, Safeway, etc.
Recipients are advised that they are entitled to the sum of $55,000.00 USD paid to them once the government taxes have been paid and are advised that the taxes are $2,785.00, which is to be paid through Western Union. Further, the check in the amount of $3,920.00 was deducted from their winnings and they will be using some money from this check to pay the taxes. The individuals were also instructed to get their tax information and to claim their winnings from their assigned claim agent, either Dom Walter or Susan Nash.
- Check(s) $ Amount: $3,920.00
- Approx. No. of Checks: Eighteen
- Check Series: 474785 - 475164
- Institution Name: Patriot Federal Credit Union
- Institution Phone: 717.263.4444
- Check Account No.(s): 60-7997-2313
- Check RTN: 2313 7997 9
- Logo Location: Upper left corner
- Bad Check Color: Blue/gray
- Legitimate Check Color: Light blue with white design throughout.
- Uses of Bad Check(s): Consumer drawing scam.
Contact information for Patriot Federal Credit Union
Contact's Name: Ethel Harmon
Email Address: email@example.com
RTN: 2313 7997 9