Wednesday, September 03, 2014
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Credit Union Web Training Webinar:
Real Estate Lending Series: Escrow Account Compliance
Getting escrow right is very important to the borrower, your credit union, and the examiners. It involves many requirements, including initial analysis and disclosure, annual disclosures, recordkeeping, and more. For example, RESPA, TILA, and flood compliance regulations all address when escrow is required. This webinar will review the entire process, and reveal common errors and examiner citations that highlight the “hot buttons.” Checklists will be provided to ensure your credit union complies with the escrow requirements and that your disclosures and statements are complete, compliant, and correct.
The handouts will be provided in Word using procedural language. This will provide a template for writing or enhancing your own escrow procedures.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- When does escrow apply according to RESPA, TILA (for high-priced mortgages), and flood regulations?
- Initial analysis for proper escrow amounts
- How should escrow be disclosed on the GFE and HUD statement?
- What needs to be included on the initial disclosure and annual and short-year statements?
- What should be done if there is a shortage, surplus, or deficiency?
- Worksheet for reviewing escrow account disclosures and calculations
- Sample checklists to test disclosure content
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for compliance officers, lending personnel, and auditors.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Ann Brode-Harner, Brode Consulting Services, Inc.
View Registration Options and Pricing