Thursday, August 21, 2014
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Credit Union Web Training Webinar:
Home Equity/Second Lien Risk Management
The housing crisis and the Great Recession permanently changed lending risk management expectations. Home equity and junior lien mortgages are among the portfolios receiving the most intense scrutiny and increased regulatory expectations. This webinar will cover recent regulatory guidance related to junior lien risk management practices and simple steps credit unions can take to ensure compliance. Regulatory compliance and risk management best practices will be addressed as well as underwriting, origination, account and portfolio monitoring, and considerations when implementing line management actions (capping or freezing lines), loan modifications, and ALLL analysis.
- How the Interagency Guidance on Allowance Estimation Practices for Junior Lien Loans & Lines of Credit affects credit unions
- Tips on ensuring an adequate ALLL methodology is in place for junior lien portfolios
- Dos and don’ts of a line management program (capping or freezing of a borrower’s line)
- Regulators’ expectations for monitoring the status of a borrower’s first lien mortgage
- Best practices for underwriting, documentation, loan modifications, and product design
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit lenders, risk managers, credit analysts, and those involved with the ALLL process and determining the design or objectives of a junior lien mortgage portfolio.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Tommy Troyer, Young & Associates, Inc.
View Registration Options and Pricing