Tuesday, July 22, 2014
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
CU Web Training Webinar:
Ensuring Data Security: What You Need to Know Now
High profile breaches at Target and Neiman Marcus have shed light on a growing problem – hackers have discovered how to monetize their efforts. Cyber-crime has become a multi-billion dollar business and has outpaced the illegal drug trade in terms of global economic impact. Businesses all over the country are failing because of cyber-attacks. Credit unions and their members are targets like never before.
There is no finish line. Data security is the never-ending battle where yesterday’s best defense could be a trivial hurdle tomorrow. How can you keep on top of these changes? How can you put less time into chasing your own tail and more time into keeping one step ahead of the bad guys? Join us to learn what you need to know about ensuring data security.
- Current trends in cyber-crime that impact credit unions and their members
- The importance of assessing risk and the right way to do so
- Why risk assessment is an ongoing task and who needs to be involved
- Developing an incident response program
- Where to research emerging trends in exploiting holes in data security
- Difference between detective and preventative controls
- Managing the difference between internal and external threats
- Risk assessment tool
- Vulnerability management white paper
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for credit union executives and IT leaders.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Mark Eich, CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP
View Registration Options and Pricing