Wednesday, July 02, 2014
Eastern Daylight Time
CU Web Training Webinar:
Consumer Loan Documentation
Proper loan documentation is essential to the lender’s ability to enforce the loan and to collect against the collateral. Consumer loan documentation is becoming more difficult and complex, and consumer regulatory disclosures are changing on a frequent basis. This webinar will provide you with a thorough, up-to-date understanding of consumer loan documents and the perfection of security interests in both real and personal property collateral. It will also cover the applicable compliance rules under Reg B, Reg Z, and RESPA.
- Review of the various consumer loan documents and the purpose of each
- Proper ways to perfect security interest in the consumer’s real and personal property
- Loan document provisions that commonly confuse and trip up lenders
- What documents can the lender require the borrower’s spouse to sign?
- How does a lender prove that applicants applied for joint credit and why is that important?
- NCUA Examiner’s Guide on the Truth in Lending Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, and RESPA
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for consumer loan officers, loan operations personnel, member service representatives, compliance officers, attorneys, auditors, and managers.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Elizabeth Fast, Spencer Fane Britt & Browne LLP
View Registration Options and Pricing