Tuesday, August 05, 2014
Eastern Daylight Time
Credit Union Web Training Webinar:
ACH Specialist Series: Federal Government ACH Payments: Reclamations & Garnishments
With few exceptions, federal government ACH payments are subject to the same rules as private industry ACH payments. Mishandling these payments can impact your institution and lead to financial losses. This session will explain your responsibilities regarding processing federal government reclamations, including steps to limit liability. It will also review the final rule related to the Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments, detail which payments are exempt from garnishments, and outline associated financial institution responsibilities.
- Interpret Chapter 5 – Reclamations of the Green Book to assess financial institution liability
- Steps to limit liability and avoid potential reclamation losses
- Calculate liability related to federal government reclamations
- Federal benefit payments exempt from garnishment
- Procedures that must be followed when receiving a garnishment order
- Resource guide
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for ACH professionals, audit/compliance personnel, and ACH operations staff.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
Don’t Miss the Other ACH Specialist Series Webinars!
Sign up for the entire series and receive 6 webinars for the price of 5!
Click here to learn more about the ACH Specialist Series
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Shelly Simpson, EPCOR
View Registration Options and Pricing