Tuesday, July 15, 2014
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Negotiating Your Executive Compensation Package
Are you receiving all of the executive employment protections you deserve? Do you understand the various ways to structure and negotiate executive compensation?
As a credit union executive, you want the security and protection of understanding what happens during each phase of the employment relationship. Regardless of whether you are entering, exiting or maintaining the relationship there are opportunities for you to negotiate an employment framework.
Further, without the availability of equity, credit union executives must understand the various alternative forms of compensation. For example, credit unions often turn toward deferred compensation plans as the tool to attract executive talent in a competitive marketplace. However, deferred compensation plans may take a variety of forms including change-in-control agreements, retention agreements, bonus agreements, supplemental employee retirement plans and other vehicles.
This program is designed to educate credit union executives on the various types of executive compensation arrangements and how to negotiate them with the Board. You will:
- Learn the ins and outs of employment and severance agreements
- Understand the purpose of various deferred compensation tools
- Understand how a credit union merger may impact your compensation and what you can do about it
- Walk away with insights about potential executive compensation pitfalls under tax law (Internal Revenue Code Sections 457, Section 409A, 280G and NCUA regulations)
- Be aware of how health care reform may affect your executive medical benefits
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for credit union executives including CEOs, CFOs, COOs, CTOs, Presidents and Vice Presidents.
Speaker: Jonathan Cerrito
Time: 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Live Webinar Only: $99
Recorded Version Only: $99
Live Webinar & Recorded Version: $125
To register and pay by check, email Mary Zelinsky at email@example.com and your credit union will be invoiced. To register and pay online, click here.