Monday, July 14, 2014 All Day
Available ONLY via Archived Webinar
Archived webinar available Monday, July 14, 2014
Bitcoin promises faster, cheaper, safer payments, but can it deliver? Why does Bitcoin and its ecosystem continue to grow despite regular headlines about its volatility and the shady characters who use it as a medium of exchange? Why do Bitcoin enterprises continue to command growing amounts of venture capital? Can or should your financial institution engage directly? If not, do cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin present indirect risks and exposure to your financial institution? Join us for a primer on the opportunities, challenges, and risks of Bitcoin and virtual currencies. Learn how to anticipate, identify, and mitigate exposure to the volatility and uncertainties that surround them.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What is a virtual/digital currency and who uses it?
- What is the difference between virtual/digital currency and electronic cash?
- How is virtual/digital currency being used today?
- What do regulators say about Bitcoin?
- What is the bottom line on Bitcoin, and why should my financial institution care?
- How can Bitcoin affect my institution and what should we do to minimize exposure?
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This timely and forward-looking briefing is designed for officers and staff responsible for compliance, risk mitigation, and payment operations at your financial institution.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Lee Wetherington, ProfitStars®
View Registration Options and Pricing